The primary responsibility of the Board is to represent and advance shareholders interests and to protect the interests of stakeholders. To fulfil this role the Board is responsible for the overall corporate governance of the Company including its strategic direction, establishing goals for management and monitoring the achievement of these goals.
The responsibilities of the Board include:
- Protection and enhancement of shareholder value.
- Formulation, review and approval of the objectives and strategic direction of the Company.
- Monitoring the financial performance of the Company by reviewing and approving budgets and monitoring results.
- Approving all significant business transactions including acquisitions, divestments and capital expenditure.
- Ensuring the adequate internal control systems and procedures exist and that compliance with these systems and procedures is maintained.
- The identification of significant business risks and ensuring that such risks are adequately managed.
- The review of performance and remuneration of executive directors and key staff.
- The establishment and maintenance of appropriate ethical standards.
- Evaluating and, where appropriate adopting, with or without modification, the ASX Corporate Governance Council’s Principals of Good Corporate Governance and Best Practice Recommendations.
Corporate Governance Plan (238Kb) (December 2010)
BrazIron Limited Bye Laws (446Kb) (May 2012)